In The Pink by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I have another of the amazing new shadow tags to share this week in one of my favourite colour combinations, pink and green. I just love these new stamp designs from Melina and can't seem to stop creating with them!

Step by Step:

I assembled my shadow tag before decorating it, but as I'm stamping on it, if you're a bit nervous about doing that on a fully assembled surface, you can do this before gluing the tag together. However, as I wanted to paint the surface which I did with black gesso, I decided against this.

As I didn't do it first, I did my stamping without an acrylic block, stamping the text from the Funky Flowers set at the top and bottom and the raindrop style one down the sides. I used VersaMark ink and then heat embossed the stamping with gold powder.


I wanted an antique look to the surface so I used my favourite way to do this by misting on Aubergine Lustre Spray. This gives a lovely subtle sheen to the surface which I think looks fabulous.


I then created the background for the inner section of the Shadow Tag using a piece of paper which I pressed an inky stencil on so as not to waste the spray. I misted on a little more Basil Flat Matte Spray and cut a piece to fit in the back. I distressed the edges and then dry brushed some gold paint around them.


I stamped the largest of the Funky Flowers from the spray of 3 several times with black ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. I also stamped one of Melina's Grungy Butterflies and coloured all the images with Zig markers before cutting them out.

 
I then assembled the tag, gluing in the back piece and adding a piece of wired thread on top. I finished off with the flowers which had pieces of scrap MDF glued to the back to raise them up on the background and glued them in place along with the butterfly using dimensional adhesive.
 
 
Supplies:

Have a great weekend and see you next time.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook