Make It Floral by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

It's a sort of 2 for the price of 1 this week for me as I have a couple of cards to share that use the same technique for the background although in different colours and as you'll see if you stick to my favourite square shape, you can change the look by turning the resulting paper round.

Step By Step:

I'll just do the background technique once as both were created the same way using Flat Matte Sprays and a couple of the gorgeous new masks from Melina. These are so versatile as although they're quite large, you don't need to use the whole thing at once as I did here, just a small part of it is equally effective.

My chosen card bases are 8 x 8 ins so I cut a couple of pieces of smooth cartridge paper slightly smaller than that and placed a mask on near the bottom of the paper. I then misted on Basil and Rose with the leafy mask and Lilac and Rose with the other. I distressed the edges of both panels and glued them to the white card blanks.


A very easy way to create a background as you can see. I then set about making the embellishments. For the background above, I decided to add a circular element so I die cut a circle of inky paper from my bits box to fit the spray of 3 flowers in the stamp set and stamped them on with black ink. 


I coloured the stems with a green Zig marker then stamped just the flower heads on white smooth paper using black ink, coloured them with satin inks before cutting them out. I shaped then with a ball tool and glued them over the top of the previously stamped flowers to add dimension.


I then added the panel to a toning die cut circle and glued it in place on the card, finishing off with stamped birthday text.
 

The other card has the background paper rotated sideways and a lot of contrasting flowers. I stamped the 2 different floral elements of the stamp set on with the trio roughly in the centre and the duo either side positioned slightly differently for interest. The stalks were again coloured with markers.

I stamped the flower heads on smooth white paper with black ink and the flower heads from the trio again on paper painted with watered down black gesso as I wanted a more painterly feel to them. I heat embossed them with white embossing powder.


I painted the flowers on white paper with Satin Inks and then cut them all out. I shaped them again with a ball tool and added them to the card with dimensional glue, tucking some of the black and white flowers underneath to add to the look. I finished off with birthday text stamped on more of the black painted paper and heat embossed with white powder.


Supplies:

  
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook