Joy by Gill Humphrey

11:00


For my make this week I have created a 3 dimensional tag - whilst this is a stand alone piece the concepts used work just as well for cards and for album covers so please do not think it is all you can do if tags are not your thing.

The base for my project is one of the tags from the pack of 10 MDF tags pack. I love these packs so much because of the mixture of tag tops and sizes that it contains. Having selected my chosen tag I covered it with paper from the 12 x 12 Pink Christmas paper collection, drawing round the shape then cutting out before adhering in place with Multi Purpose Glue. Once dried the edges were then sanded to give a neat and slightly distressed edge to my project.


I then layered elements from the paper collection, placing one flat, one on one layer of cardboard and the top one on two layers of cardboard.


For the next layer I added a fussy cut tree from the Collectables papers shaping the tree in my hands and adhering with dimensional glue. On top of this I added a beautiful chipboard from Celebration collection.
 

My next step was to add more paper elements and chipboard pieces before adding additional pieces with more layers of cardboard for stability and added dimension.


One of the things that is important with this type of make is to get over the fear of covering up elements so whilst I like the image of the girl it was not what I needed for my project and I chose to cover the face with a sentiment piece. This allowed the beautiful border to show whilst making the whole piece cohesive.


Having created the "base" for my project I then added lots more fussy cut floral elements tucking them into the layers created by using cardboard as spacers.

To complete my project I added some faux berries coated in pink glitter and then added a mixture of Ancient Pink and Sparkling White Glamour sparkles in areas around my project. 



I do hope you like my project for this week, whilst pink may not be my go to colour for Christmas having visited a number of garden centers recently it certainly appears to be one of the chosen colours for this year. What ever your preference is there is sure to be something in the paper collections chosen by Laura that will suit your needs. If you are inspired to make using these products please do not forget to share on the That's Crafty! Creatives Facebook page.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook