A Trio of Crackled Artist Trading Cards by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have a trio of atcs to share this week that I created for the recent show on The Craft Store and it was a real surprise to me how much crackle I managed to get on the background using That's Crafty! Crackle Glaze, something to do with the smaller size I suspect.


Step by Step:
 
I took 3 MDF atcs and using the new funky arches mask and white texture paste created a pattern on them, slightly varying the design on each one. I then left them to dry thoroughly.

 
I then painted them all with a wash of chestnut brown multi surface paint.
 

I painted them with a coat of crackle glaze and left it to go tacky - it took around 45 minutes as it was quite thickly applied. I then painted them with multi surface paints, choosing lavender, light pink and teal. As you can see, I obtained mega crackle! 
 
I stamped my chosen flowers on smooth paper with black ink and heat embossed the images with clear embossing powder. I painted them all with satin inks and then cut them out.
 
I rounded out the flowers with an embossing ball tool and glued them in place with dimensional adhesive and finished off with some text stamped on black card with Versamark ink and heat embossed with white powder.
 



 
Supplies:



Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook