Fairy Tale by Gill Humphrey

11:00


For my make today I thought I would use the Sleeping Beauty collection by Stamperia. The base of my make is the That's Crafty! Porthole MDF set using two of the ring pieces to get enough depth for the pieces I have used to embellish it. 

I started by applying gel medium through the Windows stencil focusing on the leaf and text elements. Once this had dried I adhered the two ring elements together and then painted them with Ivory paint. Once this had dried I then layered blue and then gold wax to highlight the details and edge the piece.

 
I decorated the back panel by adhering a piece of paper from the  12 x 12 Sleeping Beauty paper collection before applying the transparent crackling paste over the surface ensuring the primer had dried thoroughly before applying the second step. When the last step had dried I added Umbra Patina wax over the top wiping off the excess with a wet baby wipe (you could use Walnut Lasur or Daily Art Bitumen to do this step but will need to wipe off relatively quickly as these both dry fast).


I created  my embellishment by using Amazing Cast resin in the Fairytale mould. I love this resin as you can paint directly onto it without the need to add a layer of gesso first - it also sets fast meaning that you can make as you go. Once the resin was set I painted the pieces with Powder Blush, Pink, Light Blue, Mahogany, Gold Sand and Light Green paints mixing paints to get the colours that I wanted for my pieces. Once the paint was dry I added gold wax to the flowers and fairytale plaque and a silvery black wax to the fairy.


Having created all of my pieces I then chose the crib and princess from the Sleeping Beauty Die Cuts as my focal images. I adhered the crib directly on the back piece and then added several layers of cardboard so that the princess was stable as I attached her to the frame. I then added the resin flowers and some paper roses from the collection. The fairy was positioned on the outer frame as though she was reaching to touch the crib. I tucked in some natural moss and a silk rose before applying some ivory paint on a kitchen sponge and sprinkling with some glitter before adding some Ancient Pink glamour sparkles. Finally I diluted some of the Ivory paint with water and added some splashes.
 
I think this home decor piece would sit well in a nursery or children's room and would make a lovely gift for some one who was expecting a child. I hope that you have enjoyed reading how I made my piece and would encourage you to have a try at making something similar.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook