Serenity by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I hope you caught the show on The Craft Store yesterday when Jo was showcasing the gorgeous new stamp designs from That's Crafty! some of which were Christmas and some not!

Step by Step:

My chosen substrate for this project was the rectangular shrine which is the perfect shape for the beautiful image I used here as it's almost A6 in size. I decided to cover it with paper so assembled the back section first using That's Crafty! glue.

The paper that I chose to use is actually one of my ink spray overflow papers which came about because as well as catching the spray that missed the project I was working on and also has inky stencil pressed onto it as I really hate wasting any of the ink. It had shades of lilac, blue and green which was perfect for the image I wanted to use.

I glued the frame section on the paper and cut it out roughly then trimmed around the edges with a craft knife. I cut out the central section as well very carefully as I wanted to use this in the back of the shrine.


I painted the inside edges of the shrine back with lavender multi surface paint, giving it 2 coats. I then glued the paper in the back. If you look closely you can see what I was doing to get this overflow paper!


I stamped the serenity image in black ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. I then coloured the image with Zig markers. Whilst the image has a lot of detail, you don't have to colour all of that unless you want too. As I'm not that good at colouring, I found that embossing the image helped a lot as it was easy to wash the colour on. 

I started with the sun and added some rays then finished the sky section with pink at the top and blue underneath and the colours mixed in places to give lilac. I coloured the remainder of the images in deeper shades of blue, green and purple to tone with the paper.


I went round the edges of the image with a dark grey marker and then cut it out. I added it to the shrine back section after gluing on a smaller piece of greyboard for stability and glued the panel on top of a stack of leftover bits of mdf which are left behind when pressing out shapes - they come in very handy for this sort of thing. 

I glued the frame in place and my project was finished.

Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook