The Birds Knew Journal Spread by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

This week I have an art journal spread to share which began life as a pre-prepared background that I later decided was too dark to make use of as it originally was.

Step by Step:

Here are the before pages and you may see why I didn't use them as they were.


So, in order to soften up and lighten the pages, I took a favourite stencil, the All Circles A5 size one, and used this over the top of the darker background to add a pattern using White, Lavender and Light Blue Multi Surface Paints. You can just see some of the original stencilling peeking through in places which adds to the grungy feel.

I then took one of the texture stamps from the Alexa's Faces stamp set I chose my main image from and stamped this all around the edges with Kitsch Flamingo Oxide ink.

I then did quite a lot of stamping for my embellishments. I stamped my chosen face on kraft paper and the flowers and birds on smooth white stamping card. I used VersaFine Clair black ink for all the stamping. I coloured the face with pencils and the other images with watercolour pencils and then did a lot of fussy cutting!

I assembled the pages as shown below and finished off with some text which was created from 2 stamp sets as I knew what I wanted to say.



Supplies:

Kraft Paper
 
 Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook