I Dare You! by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone , 

After having so much fun creating my 'Grave Digger' piece that I shared last week I continued along a similar line of creativity using Tim Holtz products for todays make - a mixed media card that I guess would primarily be considered a Halloween card though personally I can see it being suitable for other occasions too!


The background was 'one I made earlier' from my every growing stash of backgrounds saved 'off the back' of previous projects. it was initially created as a potential candidate for my 'Embrace the Journey' art panel I created last year (see here or here) but it never made the cut. 
It was made by applying some of Tim Holtz Distress Oxides to a craft mat, spritzing them with water, 'smooshing' a panel of mixed media paper through the ink, drying with a heat gun and repeating the process numerous times to gradually build up layers of interesting colour and detail. 

For this project I worked it a little more in the same way as already mentioned with a couple of Distress inks, a few flicks of 'Speckled Egg' Distress Oxide spray and some white paint splatters. 


 I then stamped and embossed the skull from Tim's Stampers Anonymous 'Rest in Peace' stamp set in the centre of the panel. I stamped another skull on a spare piece of card cut it out and used it to mask  the background skull from the spritzes of Tim's 'Flickering Candle' Distress Mica Stain that came next. to introduce a golden glow to the background.

With the skull mask still in place I then repeatedly stamped the 'lines of text' stamp (same stamp set) down the panel using Tim's Black Soot Distress Archival ink.  


The edges of the panel were caught with black paint it being adhered to a piece of greyboard cut to size,  mat n layered and adhered to a hand made card base.   
Here's some close ups...


You'll notice a couple of the skulls teeth are coloured. They were tinted with distress ink and distress mica stain. From an ideology memo pin I dangled a metal spider. altered with paint and gold wax.


It's crawling its way into the skulls eye socket - an ideal place for her to spin her next web!  


I wonder if she dare ....a thought that prompted me to add the words 'I dare you'! 
(a Halloween quote chip tinted with Distress ink)  


I'll finish off with this shot with the light dropped which if you click on it to view in full allows you to  see the layers of colour, the detail, the stamping, the gloss of the embossing and the golden glow and speckles of the mica stains.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook