Same But Different by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone

This is my last post of 2020 for That's Crafty! as Christmas looms. Well it's definitely been a different year for all of us this year!! So I end this year with an art journal page titled 'Same but Different'.


 Here's What I Did:

I started with a page from the small Art by Marlene art journal and the background was created by swooshing on several colours of Distress Oxides picking the ink up, which had been lightly sprayed with water, from my craft mat. I did each colour at a time as the Oxides lay on top of each other. Once happy with that I just added a little texture to the background with some stamping, again using Distress Oxides. Sorry about the quality of the photo I just couldn't get any light.


Over that I stencilled some stars using a That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil and White Multi Surface Paint. Once the paint was dry I drew around them with a black fineliner pen. To add some contrast to the page I applied Distress Oxides again to some card this time using a lot of red, I cut a strip from this piece to stitch on the sewing machine and then added to the page, the remainder I punched out some stars using 2 different sized punches. Once I had added the red stars to the page I doodled some faux stitching onto them with a white pen. 


I stamped Kate Cranes Skittle image and signpost onto stamping card and coloured with coloured pencils before cutting out and adding to my page. Some torn washi tapes were added to add a little more detail. 

My words are a combination of Tim Holtz Christmas tape and some typed out words "Christmas 2020 Same but Different"

Here's What I Used:
Distress Oxide Ink Pads - Speckled Egg, Festive Berries, Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo & Crackling Campfire
Star Washi Tape from my own stash
Coloured Pencils
Star Paper Punches
Typewriter

I think Christmas is going to different for all of us this year but what ever you are doing I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and here's hoping that at some time in 2021 normality is resumed.

Thanks and see you all in 2021

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook