Merry Christmas .... by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone and Welcome  

Knowing this was to be my last post before Christmas I decided this week I would create a plaque to wish you all a 'Merry Christmas'. 

The creativity itself is much the same as the 'Holly' tag I created a few weeks ago  (if you missed it you can see it here) with just a few subtle differences in the detail added. 


 The plaque itself is just that- a That's Crafty! MDF plaque. I worked directly onto the MDF, its quality being such that it can withstand alot of different mediums. 
 I  crackled the plaque using PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze and a couple of PaperArtsy Frescos: White Fire (metallic), Cloud 9. This crackle glaze is a 3 step glaze so the glaze is applied in between two other contrasting colours of paint. Here's the steps:
Step 1: apply paint (dry) 
Step 2: apply glaze(dry) 
Step 3: apply paint dry and watch the cracks start to form. 
 
That's Crafty have their own 3 step Crackle Glaze which would be great to use. ( I've yet to add some to my stash.) 

The size of the cracks will depend on how thick the glaze is applied. I got a mix of both- more than happy with that!


To add further detail to the crackle I created some textured stenciling using AALL and Create's stencil: #113 Lotza Squares with Tim Holtz distress texture paste and did some delicate stamping using one of the stamps from PaperArtsy Eclectica ESA13 stampset with Archival distress ink: Vintage Photo.


I caught the textured stenciling with gilding wax and white paint and distressed the outer edges of the plaque with distress ink: Ground Espresso.  


The sprigs of holly and berry embellishments are from That's Crafty's Craftyboard sheet: Holly and Mistletoe. 

The sprigs of holly were painted with PaperArtsy Frescos: Gumboots, Beanstalk, Hyde Park, French Roast, the berries with Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic: Ruby.

 I added some detail to the leaves and caught them with grit paste to give the impression of fallen snow... 

.... and some glossy accents helped give the ruby red berries a glossy sheen. 


The letters that make up my sentiment are from That's Crafty's Craftyboard sheet: Alphabet 1

They too were painted with PaperArtsy Fresco Acrylic: French Roast.  As a nod to the 'fallen snow' on the holly leaves I splattered the letters with 'falling snow' (white paint) and adhered them to  the plaque being careful not to make any 'typos' .


  I hope you will accept this creation as my small way of wishing you all a 'Merry Christmas'. 


Products I used: 

Thanks for stopping by today  
Hope you have a safe and peaceful Christmas  
Take care  
Amanda 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Merry Christmas to you too and thank you for the step by steps and the fabulous inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mac . Have a lovely Christmas how ever you will be spending it .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook