Shroom Town by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Merry Christmas everyone and welcome to my last post for this year which actually has nothing to do with Christmas as I wanted to share the sample I created for the Hochanda shows on Monday that never appeared as it was stuck in the post!

Step by Step:

The substrate I used is the 8 inch MDF circle featured on the show and I covered it with a piece of paper coloured with Flat Matte Sprays. I used Walnut at the bottom, followed by Saffron and finally Aqua at the top which I applied using the A4 Leaf Branches stencil. 

I then used the fab new toadstool stencil with Green paint to add toadstool shapes across the centre of the surface. I then used a stamp with the stencil in place to add some texture with green ink. I used a water soluble pencil around the edges of the shrooms and activated it with water for a softer effect.

My next step was a bit of serendipity because the technique which I gained from watching Jo didn't quite work as expected. I dabbed some Acrylic Wax on the stencilled shrooms and sprinkled clear embossing powder on top, then blasted with my heat gun to melt the powder. After a bit of bubbling a rather textured effect appeared and it made the shrooms look rather like trimmed up trees - result!




I added some stamping with one of Melina's background stamps using brown ink and first and second generation stamping. This went down the outer edges and across the bottom to add texture.

I stamped my chosen elements from the Shroom Fairies set on smooth paper and colours all the images with Zig Brush Markers, adding a touch of glitter to the fairies wings then cut them all out. I stamped the friendly Atcoin sun on a scrap of yellow misted paper and cut that out too.

I then assembled my scene using a mix of glue and 3D silicone glue for added dimension, shaping the elements with a large ball tool. I finished off with the text from the set stamped on spray overflow paper and trimmed into tiles.



Supplies:

Water Soluble Pencil

Have a really great Christmas whatever you're able to do and hoping that the New Year is much kinder to us all.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook