Winter Butterflies by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone

This week I am sharing with you a recent Hochanda sample I made that features the Zen butterfly stamps designed by my team mate Melina Dahl. 


Here's What I Did:

I started with the smaller MDF embroidery hoop that comes as part of a pack of 2, the one I didn't use is larger. I started by covering the hoop with one of Melina's papers as this one looks like cracked ice to me and as with papers they give you an instant finish. I applied the paper the background circle using That's Crafty! glue, once I've applied the glue I then use a brayer to smooth out all the glue and also squeeze it to the edges. I then used the paper that was left to glue onto the rim of the hoop, this I had to piece together. Next was to prepare the That's Crafty! Craftyboard pieces, butterflies and snowflakes, by painting them all with a coat of white paint. Behind the butterflies I glued some ice blue organza fabric to give them a more icy feel, That's Crafty! glue is brilliant for this as it dries clear. To all of the Craftyboard pieces I randomly added That's Crafty! Holographic Fine Texture Paste onto the painted Craftyboard pieces, this is a fabulous alternative to real snow. I then glued my Craftyboard pieces onto my embroidery hoop. I also cut down some of the snowflakes so they fitted into the shape of the hoop. Craftyboard is so easy to cut down to fit into whatever you are making. I stamped the butterflies, which are from Melina's Zen Butterflies stamp set, using Versafine Clair black ink pad. the butterflies I lightly coloured using coloured pencils. They also had a touch of the Holographic Paste added to them and were then added into the hoop. I also added some of the Holographic Paste around the inside of the hoop and to the outside frame, once you start with this paste you can't stop lol.


Hopefully you can see some of the frosty detail in this close up.
I just wanted to make something that said butterflies aren't just for summer.

Here's What I Used:
Organza
Coloured Pencils
Have a fabulous week and I will see you all next Tuesday

Stay Safe
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love the idea of winter butterflies and they look just wonderful with the gleam of the holographic paste around them. Gorgeous icy hanging.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook