What a Hoot! by Helen Chilton

11:00

 I'm using up the waste this week - well, not waste but the middle of an MDF shrine that we had for one of the Hochanda shows. It's a really great size. I've teamed it up with some AALL & Create stamps.


I started by covering the panel with some Stamperia Hortensia paper.


Then I stencilled a woodgrain pattern with Light Texture Paste. When that dried, I added a bit of colour with Distress Crayons.


The owl was stamped directly onto some more of the Hortensia paper and I added a touch of extra colour.


I decided I'd make a hole for him to sit in using the top of his head.


You can see I've also stamped and coloured a leafy border.


And there you have him, sitting in his tree.


I always save the extra pieces from the shadow boxes and shrines as you never know when they'll come in useful. If you've got a Crop-A-Dile you can easily punch holes through the MDF for brads or eyelets as I've done here.

So, I hope you have a good week.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook