If You Have A Dream Let it Happen by Gill Humphrey

11:00


Following on from last weeks post about Crackle Effects this week I am focusing on a different one which gives very fine crackles in one step. For this I have used Daily Art Transparent Crackle paint. You will see if you compare the two posts that the results of this product are far more subtle than the two step crackles used last time.

I started my project by covering a small circular MDF Upright with paper taken from Beauty Restless collection using sand paper to neaten the edges. Once the glue had dried I then painted random areas with the Crackle Paint and allowed it to dry naturally. In adjacent areas I mixed some of the Daily Art Saddle Brown paint with the crackle paint before applying. The crackle varies in size depending on the thickness you apply the paint and is quite difficult to see until you add a medium that will settle into the cracks. I chose to add a coffee coloured mica powder which comes in the Daily Art Crackling Lacquer Set. I simply dipped a dry brush into the powder and stippled the brush over the areas of crackled medium and then brushed off the excess.


I created my focal composition by cutting out a window from Window sheet by Craft O'Clock and layering this on top of a photo taken from Vintage Photos II. The banner was cut from the Beauty Restless Junk Journal Extras pack as were the leaves, berries and sentiment. I added twine and nuvo drops from my stash to hold "hang" the banner pieces and finally added a chipboard from thick chipboard die cuts set that co-ordinates with the paper collection.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook