' A Wintery Snowflake Round'

11:00

Hi Everyone and Welcome 

My seasonal ceativity continues again this week in the form of a mixed media 'Art on the Round' 
featuring a focal glistening snowflake that I've set against a palette of blue and white detailed with texture and wintery white splatters. 



The round itself is a That's Crafty 4inch Greyboard Round. This size round is sold in a pack of 30 that consists of 10 x 3 different size rounds: 2.5 inch, 4inch and 6 inch. The quality of the greyboard is such that you can work directly onto it as I have found it will stand up to all kinds of mediums: gesso, paint, texture paste, adhesives. 

I began by painting the round with white acrylic paint and then covered it with strips of AAll and Create washi tape designed by Tracy Evans. 
To tone down some of the 'black' on the tape's design (not all) I roughly and randomly lightly scraped gesso over the tape and created some texture by scratching into the gesso with a palette knife. 


I then built up layers of colour using Dina Wakley heavy body acrylics, applying each of the colours with a brayer. 


The round already had a fair a mount of texture created by the washi and the paint layers so I felt it didn't need much more than a touch of simple textured stenciling . For this I used a small part of AAll and Creates 'Digital Bubbles' Stencil with Tim Holtz Distress Texture Paste. 
I couldn't resist a few white splatters too !


To finish the background of the round off I adhered a strip of Tim Holtz Label tape across the diameter of the round. 


The layered 'glistening snowflake is made up of two That's Crafty snowflakes both of the same design. The larger snowflake is greyboard and the smaller craftyboard. 
They were both altered in the same way. I painted them with white acrylic paint and embossed them with white embossing powder. For the 'glisten' I used Tim Holtz Distress glitter which I adhered to the snowflakes with Rangers sticky embossing powder. I embellished the centre of the layered snowflakes with a small glossy bead - a painted and embossed greyboard circle.


On the reverse of the round I adhered a 'stamped card round' that holds some 'holiday wishes' and love from myself as it will be one of the Christmas gifts I send to Santa this year to leave under a special someone's tree. 


Products I used: 
Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder
Tim Holtz Distress Glitter
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Stampsets: Festive Sketch(CMS283) Christmastime(CMS427)
Circle Dies

Thanks for joining me today . I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to pop by 
Hope you have a lovely week 
Take Care and stay safe 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook