'Unforgettable' by Liz Wheeler

11:00

 

For today's Guest Blog I have created a Journal cover using a That's Crafty! 8x8 MDF Journal.

I started by covering the front cover with a sheet of 13 Arts Rosalie 12 x 12 paper and spritzed with 13 Arts Fire Opal Metallic Glow Powders mixed with water to colour the background. I then added a little bit of white gesso to tone the colour back slightly. 



I then applied Rich Hobby Yeast Gold Chrome Texture Paste through my That's Crafty! Brick Repeat Dinky stencil to create a walled effect. 

For the focal feature I painted a That's Crafty! Craftyboard Arched Window with the Colour Glow Spritz to match the paper background, then applied some Calambour Crackle Effect Paste in Bottle Green, first having painted the surface of the window with the Acrylic Binder. I heat set the paste with my heat tool to create the fine crackled effect. I finished by adding a layer of the Calambour Cracking Varnish. Remember when working with Calambour Crackle Paste, you must mix it well with a palette knife to get a paste consistency, as when you first open the pot it appears dried. Any left-over, just scoop back into your pot!



For my little bird and flowers I used 2 sheets of  Paper Design Rice Papers Flowers _0343 and Pattern_0129. and some Creative Paperclay to create a 3d effect. 

To create the bird, I cut one of the bird designs out and stuck to a piece of white card with some 13 Arts Acrylic Liquid Medium. I then added small pieces of the paper clay over the top of the bird shape. I cut a second matching bird from the rice paper adhering it over the top of the clay with the acrylic medium. After letting it dry I cut out the 3d bird from the card, cutting as close to the outline as possible. 




Before attaching the arched window to the cover, I stuck some of the leftover rice paper from the bird sheet to the back of the window then attached the window with my 13 Arts Multipurpose Gel Medium.

For the flowers, I dotted some small balls of the paper clay around the window sticking down with a dot of acrylic medium. I painted around the flowers on the rice paper with water and then gently tore round the edges to release the flowers, leaving a feathered effect. I then stuck the flower shapes over the balls of clay to create my 3d flowers. 



Finally I painted a 13 Arts Chipboard piece with some cream paint from my stash and adhered to the top of the cover with the Multipurpose Gel Medium.


I loved creating this, and now can't wait to finish the rest of the journal. Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook