Spring Tulip by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I hope you caught the Hochanda One Day Special that That's Crafty! did this week with a fabulous bundle of new goodies including some gorgeous new stamp designs by Melina. If you did catch some of the shows, you might have seen this card in Janice's hand a few times so I thought I would share this one first as it has a rather accidental background.

Step by Step:

I used a piece of thick cartridge paper cut to fit my chosen 7x7 card blank and assembled some of my collection of Flat Matte Sprays, choosing Basil, Saffron and Orange. 

I placed the new 7x7 Squiggles stencil on my paper and misted on the orange and yellow sprays. I then moved the stencil sideways a little and used Basil spray this time. I pulled the stencil off and found that some of the spray had seeped under the stencil and gone everywhere but as the effect was quite grungy, I was happy with it.

I added a little more misting on top with Sage Flat Matte spray, allowing the colour to run down the paper and create splotchy areas. I left the paper to dry completely.

I stamped the beautiful poppy collage towards the right hand side of the paper with black pigment ink and stamped just the top including the tulip head on a piece of thick cartridge paper, heat embossing both images with clear embossing powder. I painted the separate tulip head with Tomato Flat Matte spray and cut the image out, adhering it on top of the stamped image on the paper. I painted the stalk with basil flat matte spray.

I next took the long stripey image from the stamp set and stamped this randomly on both sides of the paper with red ink. I then used the Numbers stencil with black gesso to add more interest on the left side of the paper.

I glued the paper to a contrasting mat of paper from my stash and then added it to my card blank. I finished off with some text chosen from the words in the artist trading coin set, stamped with black ink on scraps of ink spray overflow paper.

Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Flowers Collection Set 3 by Melina Dahl
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Artist Trading Coin Stamp Set 11
That's Crafty! 7 x 7 Stencils - TC6005 Squiggles, TC6002 Numbers
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays
That's Crafty! Black Gesso
VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
VersaFine Crimson Red Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Thick Smooth Cartridge Paper

If you missed the shows, there's always rewind and you'll get some fabulous inspiration from Jo's demos and all the design team's beautiful samples too.

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I did see your beautiful card on Hochanda along with the wonderful new stamps by Melina. You really did create a wonderful background for the pretty tulip, I particularly love the number stencilling! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks brilliant Fliss you’ve done a lovely job with the new stamps
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Fliss . Love the lusciousness of the background which your tulip looks so goood against . It was great to see it on TV x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fliss
    This is such a lovely card, great background also.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook