'Lone Star'.... by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone

Welcome to my Thursday weekly post of Creativity.
I've been playing with paints and texture again this week to alter another That's Crafty! long tag. 
This time I have opted to work on the tag with the rounded top, my favourite of the 3 different tag top designs available in the bundle packs of 18. I've kept the tag hole covered so it could, if prefered be displayed as a piece of art.


I began by randomly tearing up a brown envelope (a That's Crafty! envelope no less) and adhering the paper to the surface of the tag, sealing with matte medium. This was to create an initial layer of texture so any paper will be ok.


Next came a rough scraping of grit paste using a palette knife.


Then it was time to add colour and for this I applied That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Acrylic Paints with either a palette knife or fingers drying after each colour application with a heat gun to maintain the clarity of each colour used - Teal, Midnight, Lime and White (gesso) 


I added some detail by stencilling with texture paste and stamping with Archival ink. 


I crackled a piece of white card, let it dry and then scrunched it up and opened it out to give a more distressed look. I also added a touch of stamping and a few paint splatters. 


I found a die cut star in my 'box of leftovers' which I treated with paint and gesso. 
I embellished the star with a painted round, a gessoed reinforcement ring and a painted piece of dowel wound with wire. I adhered to the crackled panel to create the focal feature


sitting it on two crackled 'bars' decorated with painted 'rounds'. 
The 'bars' and 'rounds' are taken from That's Crafty! Bits and Pieces Greyboard Sheet Large Cogs.  




Products Used

That's Crafty! Surfaces : Greyboard Long Tags
Thats Crafty! Bits and Pieces Greyboard Sheet: Large Cogs
White Cardstock
That's Crafty! White Gesso
DecoArt Matte Medium
DecoArt Crackle Paint
Ranger Texture Paste
Ranger Grit Paste 
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint: Teal, Lime, Midnight
Archival Ink: Cobalt
That's Crafty! All Purpose Adhesive
Star die cut - check out That's Crafty's Greyboard stars here - they would be a great to use.
Reinforcement ring
Brown envelope paper
White wire

I hope you have enjoyed your time here with me today and that maybe I have offered some creative inspiration.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by
Have a lovely week Everyone and hope to see you again next week .... same time, same place
Take Care
Amanda

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. A triumph of texture and detail Amanda and just love how you added the painty look on top of the layers. The colours are fabulous and your signature style really comes to life here. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this colour combo Amanda, a fabulous make of scrumptious texture,
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, to my eyes you are the Queen of Textures! This tag is stunning and the beautiful light colours are so striking. Beautiful design, gorgeous textures, I love this... a lot! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, love all those zingy colours and layers, there's so much to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these fabulous colours - like the ocean topped with spray - and all your trademark texture and geometric layering. Amazing as always.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook