Wild Adventure by Samantha Read

11:00


Hello! It's not very often I get the urge to make a card but I always enjoy it when I do and if you were watching the recent That's Crafty! shows on Hochanda you would have seen the new greyboard bits and pieces sheets featuring cars and mopeds/scooters. I find greyboard wonderful to work with, you can chuck anything at it, heat it and it doesn't warp or bend.

What I did

I began with a 5in x 5in white card and gave it a thin coat of white gesso before adding paints and sprays as shown. I stamped the black and grey details and text straight on to the card, adding some black splats with black gesso and drawing edges with a black and white pen. As if that wasn't fun to do next came the greyboard car and I really wanted it to be a statement so after a couple of coats of white gesso I painted it red, black tyres and used a liquid chrome pen for the headlights. I stamped the number plate from an atcoin stamp set, painted the windscreen a light blue with white lines for reflections and then covered the whole car with glossy accents for a super shiny showroom finish.

What I used

That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - I used; Mustard Yellow, Lime, Light Blue and Bright Blue
That's Crafty! Lustre Spray - I used; Lime and Aqua
Ranger Archival Ink Pad - I used Jet Black and Watering Can

I do hope you like it, thanks for looking!
Wishing you a lovely day, see you next Wednesday, Sam xx

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. A really gorgeous card Sam. The background looks amazing with all the stamped layers and the car really pops so well against it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool card! Sam. At first I thought it was one side of an ATB. Love the painty background and those super red wheels . Beep! Beep! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an upbeat card, I don't know if it's the colours or the happy thought of an adventure lying ahead!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook