Moments A Journal Spread by Lynne Moncrieff

11:00

Hello



Sharing another journal spread this week from a book I have been working in.
That's Crafty! Acrylic Wax, which will be released very soon, appears on this spread.

Supplies

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set Lynne's Affirmations Set 9
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set Textures Collection Set 1
13arts Script Clear Stamp
That's Crafty! Walnut Ink Crystals
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays: Blackberry, Sage, Ochre, Walnut
That's Crafty! Interference Paint Gold
13arts Ayeeda Mist Pearl Clear
13arts Ayeeda Mist Patina Bronze
Memento Ink Tuxedo Black
Archival Ink Designer Series Potting Soil
That's Crafty! Acrylic Wax (coming soon!)
Extras:
Found Papers
Sewing Machine
Journal - rag paper

Instructions

When I work in a book, I don't work on a spread in one completed session. As with any of my projects, I dip in and out of them.

For this journal as a whole, the first step was in setting down colour (or some might say, lack of colour, in my case!!!).

Walnut ink was applied, with a large brush. As this dried, I then set down the Flat Matte Sprays, allowing the colours to merge, drip downwards and mopping up excess with scraps of various papers.


Torn papers already stained were adhered and stamping. I roughly ink up the Affirmation stamp, using my hand as the block, pressing onto the spread, aiming for a distressed appearance.


Next, dipping into the beautiful Interference Gold paint. This is an exquisite paint. In some areas, I applied the smallest amounts, directly from a paintbrush. This allowed me, along with the torn papers, to form a horizon on the spread, the Interference Gold not a solid line yet enough to fool the eye that it is looking to the horizon.

With a brush loaded with water, I then applied more of the Interference Gold... you can see an area at the upper right of the spread.

I then turned to 13arts Ayeeda Mists, the Pearl Clear and Patina, using the Patina first. The Pearl Clear was the final layer, lifting the spread with subtle shimmer.


I had a piece of teabag (a self-fill teabag) which had been lightly stained with tea but I wasn't happy with the colour, so I applied dissolved walnut ink to it.  Next, I applied one layer of Acrylic Wax, allowing to dry before stamping the leaf and following with another layer of Acrylic Wax.


Final touches to this spread.. stamping the Script to left and right sides of the spread and stamping the Affirmation onto scrap of found paper which I stained with walnut ink.

To give a wee insight...I thought I had completed this spread but on receiving the 13arts Script stamp and the Ayeeda Mists, I wanted to sample them.  Those touches made me realise the spread was complete now.

Until next time,

Wishes
Lynne

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is lovely.. I love the subtle layering of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely spread in your handmade book , Lynne . Love the subtle use of colour and the overall organic feel. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful ethereal looking pages Lynne. The textures and details from the natural elements all look so gorgeous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook