Floral Chunky by Anne Redfern

11:00

We're so sad that today is Annes last guest post for us. :-(
We'd like to thank Anne very much for all her fabulous projects 
over the last 3 months, they have been a joy to see. :-)

Hello Everyone

This is my final Guest Post for That's Crafty! and I would like to say a huge thank you
to Laura for having me here for the last three months, it has been a pleasure using
That's Crafty! products.

For my project today I have used the brand new That's Crafty! Flowers Collection Stamp
Set - 3 by the hugely talented Melina Dahl.


I used one of That's Crafty! Surfaces for my base. These lovely MDF Chunkies are a nice large surface to work on and are so easy to construct.


Here is how I created my project:

1)  I constructed the Chunkie and gave it a coat of black paint, concentrating on the edges.
2)  Taking a piece of white cardstock I applied two colours of Distress Oxide, applying it quite randomly.  I used Scattered Straw and Twisted Citron.
3)  I took one of the new release stencils and applied the same colours of Distress Oxide, again applying this randomly.
4)  I stamped the beautiful Melina Dahl flower stamp in Black Archival Ink, stamping it three times to create the front of the project.
5)  I stamped the flower head again three times onto scrap card, painted each flower head with watercolour paint and fussy cut the separate flowers and set them aside.
6)  I used a second stencil to apply some Texture Paste around the stamped images.  Having used Oxides for the base, the Texture Paste picked up some of the colour which I love!
7)  I cut to size the cardstock and applied this to the front, top and sides of the Chunky. I left the back of the Chunky bare black as there is a handy hanger hole built in, just in case I want to hang it up.
8)  I randomly stamped parts of the flower image on the top and sides to tie the piece together.


9)  I stamped the sentiment from my lovely and talented friend Alison Bomber's very first stamp set, using one of my all time favourite quotes.


10)  I decided, in the end to add some little metal feet from my stash.

Products Used:

White Cardstock
Metal Feet

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for this and previous visits and for all your lovely comments, they are much appreciated.

Happy Crafting!  Anne  xx

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. A beautiful piece to go out on Anne. It’s been fabulous having you on the team and creating along you.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is stunning Anne! What a fabulous creation for your finale! I love the mix of yellows in the background, makes those sweet flowers really pop! A bright and gorgeous decor piece to finish off with. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very bright and cheery Anne. Such lovely detail and love how those poppies stand out so well against the yellow background.
    So lovely to have had you with us on the team and will miss your beautiful artwork here.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a unique way to use the chunkie Anne and showcase Melina's beautifully designed stamps they are positively blooming! It's been wonderful seeing you That's Crafty makes Anne.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous finish, Anne. Such a wonderful dose of bright and cheerful creativity . Its been lovley create alongside you .
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne, you are going out with a bang! I love this decorative piece with it's cheerful colors and dimension. Your work these passed three months has been incredibly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne, Your time has passed by far too quickly :(
    What a beauty this is, such a freshness to it, brimming with cheerfulness.
    Beautiful!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning make Anne - I love the yellow - its just beautiful! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love how your dimensional flower heads pop (both in 3D and in colour terms) from the background. A bright and vivid finale, with the perfect words to go with the gorgeous visuals!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook