Summer Gales! by Helen Chilton

11:00


Now, I know it's only the beginning of August and I was going to so something light and summery, but it was blowing such a hoolie the other night that I changed my mind!
I've been looking at this piece of paper for quite a while - it's the last pull from a Gel Press session and I just love the colours.
 The stencil is A4 in size which is great. I have no idea which colour paints apart from white were left on the Gel Press - it's all a happy accident.


The perfect stamp was this one by KatzelKraft, coloured with Studio Light Markers.


I then thought I'd add a tree - the only problem was the branches were bending the wrong way. 


So I stamped it, cut it out, 


flipped it over and inked it in.


One of the circles from the stencil made a lovely sun so I just added a touch of Distress Oxide ink - Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade.


I mounted this onto some greyboard and made it into a wall hanging but it would also be great on a journal cover or as a card.



 Loved making this - flipping the tree has made those images a whole lot more versatile. I also liked the way rubbing the inkpad over the back of the tree gave it a natural texture. You could also use a stamp to woodgrain it if you like.

Enjoy!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook