Grungy Flower Panel by Helen Chilton

11:00

                                                                       

A bit of grunge this week!

The panel is painted with gesso and then I've added Walnut Ink Powder which I rubbed around a bit, and some Oxide Sprays. Let it all drip down.


Then add some Texture Paste through this stencil.


I thought I'd try adding some colour then so got out my Distress Watercolor Pencils.


You can leave it fairly rough so you can see the texture or...


...you can blend them in a bit with a baby wipe.


I then stamped this fern - the image is very subtle but I liked it.


I stamped the flower tile with VersaFine Clair as it gave a good impression. I knocked the white of the flowers back with the Antique Linen pencil.


Add some text (also tinted with the watercolor pencil) and raffia and brads to finish.



A project full of texture - I like experimenting with different ways of colouring the texture paste.

Hope you've enjoyed this project.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook