Good Day Sunshine by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives!

For today's project I've gone for a trio of ATCs using my Journal It Templates Set 6, AALL & Create's Hexapetalistic stamps by Tracy Evans and Paints and Mediums.


I started by drawing around my ATC template from Set 6 of my Journal It Templates onto mountboard and cut out as 3 separate ATC blanks. I painted each with Matte Acrylic Light Blue. Once dry I applied a thin, even coat of Pentart Cracking Paste Primer. I dried with a heat gun until the surface was transparent and dry to the touch. I then applied a thick coat of Cracking Paste White and let dry.






I diluted Matte Acrylic OrangeGillyflowerDark Brown and Yellow with a spritz of water and added small brushstrokes to each ATC - wiping back with a paper towel if the colour was too opaque, so that I could still see the cracks quite clearly.



For the main design I stamped 3 identical floral images onto white card with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and painted with the Pentart Matte Acrylic Leaf GreenLight BlueMagenta and Rose - diluting with a little water so I could still see the outline. I used a Black Fine Liner to add definition and cut the 3 images out. I edged each with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide.



To attach the flowers to the ATCs I used Pentart Heavy Body Gel. I wrote 'Good Day Sunshine' onto white card with the Fine Liner, cut each word out separately and edged with the Ground Esresso. I again used the Heavy Body Gel to adhere to the ATCs. 



I really enjoyed making these ATCs and I especially enjoyed working with the Cracking Medium as it's not something I have used very often.

Happy Crafting! Liz x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook