Steampunk Heaven by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

This week I actually am in heaven as I've managed to combine my favourite steampunk element, cogs, with another favourite to reflect my live of nature - who doesn't love a butterfly!

Step by Step:

My chosen substrate for my mixed media artwork is an MDF panel which I've covered with part of a rusty piece of rice paper from the Rusty Time collection by Paper Designs. The look is just perfect for my project and has amazing detail.


I then took an AB Studio cogs chipboard piece and set about giving it a rusty textured surface.

The first step was to dab on That's Crafty! Sand Texture Paste which is fab for a rusty, crusty look.


Once it was dry, I roughly brushed on some black gesso. It doesn't need to be perfect as I'll be layering other colours on top.


I then took various shades of Multi Surface Paints - Grey and Orange plus lots of metallics - Antique Gold, Bronze, Black, Blue, Copper and Patina. It's very much a go with the flow process so I can only show the end result as there are too many layers to photograph.


I then created my embellishments, stamping 3 butterflies designed by Melina on smooth white stamping card with black ink and colouring them with markers. The colour was too bright so I brushed some bitumen over the top. This gave the butterflies a lovely vintage look.

I finished off with text stamped on a scrap of my inky paper and brushed bitumen on this too.



Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook