Positivism by Gill Humphrey

11:00


Today I have a piece made with the Sunflower Art Collection and the Shadow Box MDF set. I started by making the big Shadow Box up along side the bigger of the two insert boxes - leaving me the smaller one for another project. To decorate the outsides of the Shadow Boxes I painted with Chocolate Allegro paint then added a layer of crackle glaze then once that had dried added some Nougat Allegro paint.


Inside the smaller of the boxes I then adhered one of the A6 rice papers and inside the larger box I cut a piece of the 12 x 12 papers to fit. 


I then prepared lots of resin pieces - I chose the biggest frame from the Sunflower Arts Frames Silicone Mould - I used resin but air dry clay or air drying casting mediums will work just as well - painted with Chocolate Allegro paint and then distressed with a custom  mix of White and Ochre Antiquing Gels making sure I wiped the gels back before they had dried.


For the poppies I used the Sunflower Art Flowers mould which also has the butterfly in it. The poppies were then painted with Cardinal Red Allegro for the petals and Black for the centres before distressing with Grey Vintage Patina.


The leaves were cast from the flowers mould used previously as well as the leaves silicone mould. I used a selection of green Allegro paints including Garden, Leaf and Avocado mixing them on the pieces as I went and once dry they were distressed with Brown Antiquing Gel.

 

The butterfly was painted with Baby Blue then distressed with the Grey Vintage Patina. Having completed all of my pieces I used the wood strips from the background paper used for the inside of the frame and made two "fence" panels - building these up with off cuts of MDF so that I could tuck the flowers and leaves in place along side elements from the Elements and Poppies ephemera sets. 



I also added some fussy cut elements from the 8 x 8 paper pack. Finally I added some 3d Balls to fill the gaps. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook