Summer Notes by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives! We're well and truly in summer mode here in Wheelerland so for today's blog I've created a fun little summery notebook featuring my new Journal It Templates Set 6 and my Sketchy Flowers and Words stamps.


I started by drawing around the ATC book cover template from my new Journal It Templates onto some mountboard and cut it so that it was in 3 pieces. To bind the cover pieces together I used a roll of electrical tape from the shed, leaving a 1/8th of an inch gap between the spine and each cover piece, then going around the edges of the cover too. 





To decorate the inside and outside covers, I started by spritzing some Twisted Citron Distress Oxide with water onto a plastic sheet then dabbing a piece of watercolour card over the top randomly. I dried that off with a heat gun, then added Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide in the same way. Once dried, I stencilled through the Dinky Honeycomb stencil from That's Crafty! with Pine Needles Distress Oxide. Finally I randomly stamped some background images from Stamperia's Create Happiness - Elements stamps with Paris Dusk Memento Ink pad. I cut the paper down to size and mounted onto the inside and outside covers with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue. I then added a border around each edge with a black Fine Liner pen.







For the focal point, I stamped one of the flowers and leaves from my Sketchy Flowers stamps several times onto a book page with the Memento Ink pad. I also stamped a 'Notes' word from the set. I cut them out and layered the flowers on top of themselves, having made a cut up the line of each petal stopping just short of the centre. I added a dot of the multi purpose glue at the centre of each to stick together. I drew a stem with the fine liner then glued the leaves and word onto the cover.
 



For the inside pages I traced around the ATC template, but just using two panels, onto some cartridge paper. I cut 12 pieces, folded in half and separated into 3 signatures of 4 pages, I wrapped some gardening twine around the spine to create three loops inside the cover to slip each signature into. To close the book, I wrapped another piece of twine around and tying it into a bow. 




A sweet little project, and another way of using the ATC cover template. Happy Crafting !

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook