Butterflies and Inchies by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

This week's post is all about making artwork that features 2 types of miniature art, inchies and artist trading cards together!

Step by Step:

My chosen substrate for mixed media art is That's Crafty! MDF and the range has all sorts of things to choose from. This week I have the artist trading card MDF blanks which can take all sorts of media without buckling under the weight.

I used my favourite of the new masks from Melina to add texture and a pattern to the background with Light Texture Paste.


Once the paste was dry, I brushed all 3 of the ATC's with black gesso as a base for my next step.


I then brushed on a coat of That's Crafty! Crackle Glaze and left this to go tacky. I next added a layer of Multi Surface Paint, choosing Light Blue, Bright Blue and White and very soon crackle appeared.


I created my inchie embellishments using the MDF ones, brushing them first with a coat of white gesso. I topped this with Multi Surface Paints, using Light Blue, Midnight and Wite. I stamped some tiny elements on using shades of blue on the lighter backgrounds and embossing with clear powder. The darker ones were stamped with embossing ink and embossed with white powder.


I pressed each inchie into the embossing ink and coated then with clear embossing powder, heating to give them all a tile look.


I then stamped some butterflies to add using black ink and coloured them with markers. I glued these on the ATC's with the inchies, varying the position of the elements for extra interest. I finished off with some text from the Lots of Words stamp set, stamped on white card and distressed a bit with blue ink before gluing in place. I brushed glitter glue on the butterflies for added sparkle although it doesn't show much in the photos.




Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook