Distress Oxide Floral Notecards by Fliss Goodwin

15:00

 


Happy Easter everyone!

This week I've been playing with my collection of Distress Oxide inks and came up with some notecards suitable for lots of occasions which use the inks not only for the background but also to colour the flowers.


Step by Step:

I created the backgrounds first, cutting a couple of pieces of stamping card cut a bit smaller than my planned card blank size ( 5x7ins ).

I then took some inks, choosing muted shades for one and slightly brighter shades for the other. I applied the inks with a small brayer, rolling the colours on in rough stripes across the card and overlapping the shades a little. As you can see below, one has 5 shades and the other 4. You could also use a larger brayer and only 3 shades if you prefer.



I left the inked card to dry thoroughly before stamping on my chosen floral elements with black ink, using some of the gorgeous designs from Melina which have a bit more going on around them.

I then coloured the florals, leaves and extra elements with various shades of Distress Oxides, choosing reds and oranges for the softer background and pinks and purples for the brighter one.




To finish off my simple notecards, I created faux stitching around the edges and inked the very edge with black for gluing to kraft card blanks.


Supplies:



I hope you enjoy the Easter weekend (don't eat too much chocolate) and see you next time.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook