Fairy Flower Journal by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty! Creatives.

Today is all about spring and a lovely A5 Fairy Flower Journal.


I started by creating my cover for the journal and have used my Journal It Templates Set 2 to make an A5 book. I drew around the cover template on card stock and then again on a piece of cartridge paper. I cut the card stock cover out and put to one side. For the cartridge paper I applied That's Crafty! White Gesso just going beyond the pencil outline of the cover. I dried the gesso with a heat gun. 

To decorate the cartridge paper I spritzed with a little water then added some drops of Art by Marlene Acrylics in Fuschia and Smurf, blending to create a soft background. I dried with a heat gun, then spritzed with water again and added Hot Curry, blending and blotting off with a tissue. 







I dried off with a heat gun. To add further texture I used stamps from the Stamperia Create Happiness Welcome Home range Clocks and Elements and Versafine Clair ink NocturneSummertime 
and Warm Breeze




For the journal's focal point I cast pieces from Stamperia's Sleeping Beauty Fairy Tale mould with Creative Paper Clay. Once set, I painted with white gesso then with Art by Marlene Acrylics WowSandFuschiaLavenderEnvyPitch and Lace.



I finished making my journal, using the decorated cartridge paper to cover the card piece I previously prepared. I added a second piece of cartridge paper to the inner cover of the journal then I glued the clay pieces to the front of the cover with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive. Finally, I wound string around the spine of the cover and added some torn pages of the cartridge paper under the string to create 3 signatures.

 



A lovely journal, perfect for a spring gift. Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook