My Gelli Journal by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives!

Today's project is a little square tab journal using my Journal It Templates Set 2 and my Gel Press Plate.


I started by creating random colour backgrounds on the gel plate with Art by Marlene Acrylics, and That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil Bubbles and my Daisy, Daisy Stamps. I then used a Paris Dusk Memento Ink Pad to add more of my Daisy Daisy stamps to add more dimension to the backgrounds.






I used my tab stencils from Set 2 to draw around 2 sheets of card stock to create a front and back cover, and then 4 tab pages. I glued the gelli backgrounds to these pages with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive, trimming around the sides. For the tabs I glued some of the spare backgrounds and cut around them. 



For the front cover I cast a book title in Creative Paperclay from the Cosmos Infinity Zodiac Mould by Stamperia. Once it dried I painted with Art by Marlene Acrylics and dry brushed with white. I stamped the mini Daisy stamp with the Memento Ink pad then added pink and white paint to match the book title. I glued the title to the front cover with the multi purpose adhesive. To finish the decoration, I added white Posca pen.

To put the book together, I cut some cartridge paper down to the same size as the cover and slotted them evenly between the tabbed pages. I punched three holes through the left hand side of the book, then stitched through them loosely to create the binding. 





This was a fun little project to make and great for using your gel press prints. 

Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook