Mountain, Lake and River by Gill Humphrey

11:00


This week my piece has been created on a 10" x 12" canvas but a piece of greyboard cut to size will work just as well. I do recommend a solid base to work on because the cast pieces are quite heavy and I don't want anyone's projects to sag with time.

I started by choosing a paper from the latest Stamperia collection - Magic Forest 12 x 12 paper pad and cut out the central image. Before adhering in place I inked the edges with Coffee dye ink and added some stamping with one of the images from the Deer stamp set using the Coffee ink and a second one from the Adventure set, this time using the Black Shadow dye ink. I then attached it as shown below:


For placement of this piece I positioned the remaining piece of paper over the canvas. I then added some more ink to the edges so that the white would not show as I layered the next pieces. Next I cut the remaining piece of paper up so that it would fit the panel and then I added it with some thick cardboard pieces so it is lifted forward of the paper with the castle on it.


 
I then took the "elf" lady from a second sheet of paper and used my hands to shape the body before adhering in place as shown.


For the embellishments for my panel I cast lots of pieces with Amazing Casting Resin using the Door and Elements and the Leaves and Locks moulds. The pieces were painted with White Primer Paste before painting with Allegro paints in Ivory, Garden Green and Hunter Green. The pieces painted with the Ivory were then distressed using Brown Antiquing Gel and the leaves with Ivory Lasur Gel (if you mix White and a tiny bit of Ochre Antiquing Gels together before painting it over you will get a similar colour).

I then layered the resin pieces along side pieces from the ephemera set however you could just as easily use the pieces in the chipboard die cut set as this contains similar imagery. Finally I added a little bit of splatter using watered down black paint. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook