Beautiful Birds by Helen Chilton

11:00


Double page spread this week using Melina's stamps and papers and some birds from Art by Marlene.
I was just playing around with different colour Oxide sprays ...


...and a variety of That's Crafty! stencils and masks


You can pick the colour combination you like - mine gave a soft dreamy look, made more so by spritzing some Lost Shadow over the top.


I then stamped Melina's flowers in the Oxide ink pads.


Then I added more colour to the flower heads with Distress Watercolor pencils.


Looking through my stash of papers I picked this one from Melina's set and stamped the bird from this Art By Marlene set.


As the paper's quite dark I lightened it up with a white Posca pen.


Then I went back in with paint, white highlighting and a black pen.


Stamp and colour the other bird in the same way. Add some leaves to the bottom.


Colour with the pencils.


 I then stamped some more leaves on scraps of paper. 


They weren't all the same colour so I just used the pencils again - worked a treat.


Add highlights to the leaves and stamp the leaf spray at the top of your pages - colour with the pencils again.






I love how you can change the colour of your papers to fit in with the background. The Watercolour pencils are really versatile. The Fossilized Amber spray and ink pad give a really warm tone to the background.

Hope you've enjoyed this project - it was only meant to be one side, but I got carried away!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook