Tag Art ( I made earlier) ! by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone and Welcome, 

Unfortunately and frustratingly more life curve balls came my way this week and creative time was pretty much a non starter so for todays post I was left with little choice but to draw on a tag I created some time ago now but didn't post at the time.  Hopefully you will be forgive me on this occasion. 

I worked 'off the tag' on a piece of Mixed Media paper  creating what I have come to know as a 'wrinkle free distress' background using a tri colour distress oxide palette of Weathered Wood, Speckled Egg and Shabby Shutters . 

For this technique you simply press the oxide pads onto a craft mat, spritz with water and then smoosh/ pick up theoxides with the paper. Dry and repeat the process with the next colour to gradually build up layers/ nuances of colour aswell as lots of speckles and splotches of colour.  

I then cut the inky mixed media paper to fit a That's Crafty long greyboard tag and added some  crackle textured stenciling to the main body of the tag by applying Tim Holtz distress crackle paste through his 'Script' layering stencil. I also caught around the sides of the tag with the distress crackle paste too and set to once side for the cracks to form.  

When the cracks had formed  I rubbed some black acrylic paint into them, wiping it back before it dried. This helped to emphasise the cracks and grunge them up a bit.  


With the black paint to hand I also splattered some of it around the tag and mounted the tag on a piece of black card. 


Running down the entre of the tag I added a That's Crafty! craftyboard chain that I treated to a coat of white acrylic paint caught with touches of black acrylic paint. 


In the centre of this I adhered a couple of chipboard circles one of which I crackled with DecoArt crackle paint, the other I covered with paper scrap. It served as an ideal resting spot for the multi winged butterfly-  one of the large and small butterfly stamps from That's  Crafty! 'Arty Wings' stamp. They were stamped onto white cardstock, coloured with the same Tim Holtz distress oxides used for the tag background,cut out and adhered together at the thorax.   


I kept the thorax free from embellishment on this occasion- very unlike me but I kinda liked the 'openness' at the time of making. I seem to remember thinking it complimented the lightness of background colours offset only by the grunginess of the crackled textures and the touches of black. it  also allowed for me to add something later if I decide otherwise. 


Products used: 

Black Card 
Paint brush ( for paint splatters) 
Paper Trimmer

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today. Much appreciated. 
Hopefully this coming week things will level out here and my creative time will be plentiful. Yay! 
See you again soon 
Take care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook