Language of the Heart by Rachel Harries

11:00


Happy New Year, here's to a wonderfully creative 2022! It's great to be getting back to my weekly blog post, I really enjoy the process of coming up with a project to share. This weeks project starts by using Amazing Casting Resin along with the beautiful frame from the Finnabair Grungy Frames mould once my cast is cured I give it a coat of Black Gesso.


I then take some Ultra Smooth Card Stock and cut a piece that's 5 x 7 inches to use as my background. I start by using Katzelkraft Baroque Stamp set with Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Ink.


I then added a central panel using the same stamp set and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink.


I then took a brush and a little water to start blending the stamped ink in the corner images I also added a tiny bit of salvaged patina with my brush.


I then used the text stamp from Katzelkraft Anthropomorphes Stamps with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, Vintage photo would also work, I used first, second and third generation stamps on here and then also used my Blending Tool to blend the same ink around the edges of my background I then used a Spray Bottle to add a few drops of water to activate the ink and get the most from its properties, I then blotted the background with a piece of kitchen towel.



Next I took the Katzelkraft Digitales Pourprees Stamp with Versafine Clair Nocturne which is one of my favourite inks for stamping images I'm going to add colour to.


To colour the images I used the rather fabulous That's Crafty! Flat Matt Ink Spray in; Tomato, Rose, Orange,Aqua, Sage and violet. I just pop a small amount on my gladdest mat and use that as my palette. I then cut out the elements.




I added some Pentart Gold Wax to my frame and I cut a piece of black card stock to use as a matt for my background.




On a small piece of calico using the versafine Clair in Nocturn I stamped the text from Katzelkraft Flowers and Nature Stamps to which I added a little of the Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide and a little hand sewing. I then put my arrangement together with the inclusion of a few twigs and my favourite Sisal.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. absolutely stunning Rachel. the blog is so understandably clear Nd easy to read. thank you so much regards x mo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook