Flying out the Door by Rachel Harries

11:00

 

This weeks post includes ITD collection and Pink Ink designs with a little bit of That's Crafty! and Stamperia for good measure.
I start off by using Amazing Casting Resin in the beautiful Pink Ink Design Butterflies Mould I catch the casts as they go off so there is a little playability to them and I bend the wings slightly before painting with Black Gesso.



I pop the butterflies to one side to dry while I work on the background. I took the ITD Collection chipboard door and gave that a coat of black gesso too.



I then gave it a coat of Ivory Multi Surface Paint.


I then take some Stamperia Transparent Crackle Paste and use my Palette Knife to apply once that's dry I then apply some Pentart Antiquing Gel followed by a little Pentart Gold Wax. I'm going to be using this process of layers on lots of elements in this project.




I found a couple of brads in my stash that I'm going to use for the handles. I then take the piece of MDF and give it a coat of White Gesso before covering it using Woodgrain ITD Collection rice paper with Stamperia Velo Glue. I also add some paper from the ITD Collection Gothic Collection 2 Paper I then use the same process of adding the Transparent Crackle Paste and Antiquing Gel on the background.







I then add my doors and some sisal to the bottom left hand corner, take no notice of the twigs I thought I was going to use them but changed my mind as it didn't work with the overall look.


I then get to work on my butterflies I use the multi surface paints and then once my paint is dry I give them a little wipe of Antiquing Gel, followed by gold wax and then as a final touch I use a little Stamperia White Patina Gel before assembling them with a few flowers I made with teabag paper and I had to add a tiny tiny little ladybug from the same mould.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook