A Little Bit Vintage by Helen Chilton

11:00


I didn't intend this to look 'vintage' when I started out, it was just after I coloured the first toadstool that that seemed to be the palette it followed. The red was browner than I intended so I just fit the other colours to the theme.
I started with a long tag painted white and stamped some of Melina's toadstools onto it...


...and also onto a piece of card.


I then took two red shades and painted in the tops and stalks. It might have been better if I'd waited for the ink to dry completely, but the smudges just added to the vintage look!


Then I added grass at the bottom, smudging it up the tag.


The gnome comes from one of Kelly O'Gorman's new stamps
Note I smudged the red paint too - that's because I'm impatient as my kids keep telling me! never mind - I just added it to the design.


I decided the top corner needed something so I got out this sun stencil. I didn't want to add another colour like yellow, so I just made a blue sun to tie in with the gnomes top and extended the rays a little to pull it all together.


Finish with a leafy bit at the bottom and some old fashioned lace at the top.


Oh, and don't forget the extra gnome - you can never have too many!


Lots of happy accidents in this one - that's often how I create, I just don't always let on!

Hope you've enjoyed it.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook