Nutcracker by Rachel Harries

11:00

 

I've been inspired this week by "Art by Marlene" I've used the stamp sets Nutcracker and Xmas Tree. I created a a bit of texture for my background by taking some packing card and cutting myself a donut shape then I sprayed a little water on it so I could just peel the top layer exposing the ridged layer underneath, I then dry brushed this with some Pale Blue and Ivory Multi Surface Paint. I also highlighted some areas with a little Antique Gold Multi Surface paint and then added some Antiquing Gel in Umber.





I stamped the tree image out three times, I've used a stamp platform to stamp these images as they are fairly large and it means I can do a few layers of ink to get a good bold outline.


I then use That's Crafty! rather fabulous Satin Inks to add colour to my images, these inks are really quite special, they have an acrylic base so they have a beautiful finish when dry. Don't forget with acrylic paints they blend beautifully when wet but once they dry they do not budge so any areas you want to blend I would suggest doing in small patches so that your ink can't dry before you introduce a colour blend.




I use a white Posca Pen to add highlights 




I cut out my trees and continue to stamp the baubles and the Nutcracker again using the That's Crafty! Satin Inks to paint and cutting out.



I use an 8 x 8 card base and but a 7 x 7 mat before adding my donut I use some packing box to create height in my pieces and I also use my favourite a bit of sisal.


I stamped a sentiment from the stamp set to add to it and there we go.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook