The Most Wonderful Fairytale by Gill Humphrey

11:00


I thought this week I would show an alternative make using the Palace Triptych this time using one of my favourite go to background techniques - crackle. I did not bother to prime the MDF as I knew I was going to be adding layers so started by painting the MDF with Chestnut Brown Multi Surface Paint. Once that had dried I added a layer of That's Crafty! Crackle Glaze leaving it to dry naturally before using a sponge to add a layer of Old Ivory Allegro paint and letting the magic happen.

I then fussy cut out lots of elements from the Winter Tales Collectables pack, selecting those that went with the theme that I had in mind before working out how I wanted my composition to look which allowed me to take a wreath from the Christmas Garlands decorative chips set and then divide it into two pieces so that on the finished pieces it has the illusion of being wider than it actually is. For this make I have left the Decorative Chips in their natural state as I felt this worked well with the neutral colour palette I had chosen. 

 
My next step was to adhere all of my paper elements in place, shaping some with my fingers to give the animals a more rounded appearance and lifting lots of elements either with cardboard scraps or dimensional glue. As is typical of my pieces I added all of my elements in layers building up a compostion that I was happy with adding in the decorative chips bird images as I did so.


I scattered a number of Christmas Rose die cut chipboards around my composition before I choosing my sentiment and cutting it into small pieces so that I could spread it across all 3 elements of the Triptych. Finally I added that special touch a little bit of Christmas bling using Sparking White Glamour Sparkles.

  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook