Believe in Magic by Gill Humphrey

11:00

St Petersburg may be on my wish list of places to visit but for the time being I will have to make do with these beautiful images of the buildings. They can be found in Winter Tales Collectables pack of paper. For the base of my project I chose to use the  MDF Palace Tryptic as I felt the tops of these was in keeping with the tops of the buildings.
 

I created my background by added blobs of Prussian Blue, Ivory, Oriental Blue Allegro paints on my MDF pieces and then used a brayer to spread the blobs allowing the colours to mix and the texture to develop.

When the paint layers had dried I applied Gel Medium through a That's Crafty! Snowflakes stencil and then sprinkled on Pearl White microbeads and Fine Silver Eco glitter.


When the gel medium had set I then added the fussy cut images of the buildings, tucking in some of the trees from the papers as I went. I adhered some pieces directly onto the background and others I lifted up using scrap card board as a spacer.


I chose some sentiments from Quotes and Labels die cut set and adhered them in place over pieces of chipboard from the Pink Christmas Frames Set as I did so.


Before joining the 3 pieces together with the jump rings that come in the MDF pack I added a layer of Sand Paste at the base of the buildings and then whilst this was wet sprinkled on Sparkling White Glamour Sparkles. 




I do hope that you will have a try at making this home decor Christmas decoration. As its a triptic it stands on its own and will fold up for easy storage when the season has finished.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook