'Winter' by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone, 

My Christmas card making is in full swing now and today I'm sharing one of my latest with you.

It features stamps from Katzelkraft's 'Winter Wonderland' stamp set along with some of Tim Holtz products. 

I've always loved Christmas cards with trees on them so this stamp set was a 'must have' for me and having now used it its a new fave that will see the ink year after year.


I worked on a long slim panel of That's Crafty's ultra smooth white card. 

After placing Tim Holtz medium sized full moon mask in the upper left area of the panel and masking off the bottom area of the panel with a torn piece of paper I inked the unmasked area (the sky) with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides (Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire) and Distress inks (Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot). When happy with the depth of colour I then flicked the blended ink with water dabbed off with a paper towel to create some light speckles and removed the 'full moon' mask. 

To give the moon a light glow of detail I blended some Scattered Straw Distress Oxide through the same sized  'stenciled' moon mask that is part of the full pack. 


A few splatters of white paint and the sky was ready to be filled with stars. 
These were created with Tim Holtz 'Falling Stars' layering stencil and Grit Paste. I kept an area of the sky 'star free' as that was where I stamped and embossed the beautiful tree from Katzelkrafts 'Winter Wonderland' stamp set.
 

The area at the bottom of the panel that I'd masked off from ink was covered with Tim Holtz Grit Paste and a few very light touches of Tim's 'snowfall' Grit Paste.

When dry I mat n layered the panel a few times, adhered it to a handmade card base and then  introduced two young boys all wrapped up warm in the fresh fallen snow.


To finish I simply added a stamped and embossed word: 'Winter' - another of the stamps on Katzelkraft stamp set mentioned above. 


I think this might just be my fave of the Christmas cards I've made so far this year.


Products Used: 

Coloured Card from my own stash 
Paper Trimmer

I hope you've enjoyed seeing some more of my Christmas card creativity and that you are having fun making yours. 
Thanks for taking the time to pop by today.  Always appreciated 
See you again soon 
Take care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook