There’s a First Time For Everything .......... by Shellie Blow

11:00

........ and this is my first time guest blogging, so please be gentle with me 😊

I used That’s Crafty! Tags #10 and #8 to create this cutesy gift tag. 



Starting with some pink That’s Crafty! Multi Surface Paint, I painted directly onto the tags (no need to prime, it’s already done for you). 

Then, for the top tag, with some That’s Crafty! Pearl Ink - in the colour Pearl - I stencilled through a That’s Crafty! Dinky Reverse Honeycomb Stencil. The inks work really well with Cut’n’Dry.


Next I used some Bluebell Flat Matte Spray as a wash over the whole tag, and finished the edges with a bit of Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.

On a piece of white cardstock, I stamped the heart - Mon Joli Coeur by Carabelle Studio, three times using clear ink, and heat embossed with black embossing powder.

Using the That’s Crafty! Pearl Inks, I painted the images and then fussy cut around, taking only the flowers and leaves from two of them.

I then stamped the heart directly onto the tag and stuck my cutouts onto it, layering up to create depth, but saving 3 of the flowers for use on the wording......


Using a blue felt tip pen I hand wrote the wording, then went over it with a black Permapaque pen, finally finishing off with a coating of Glossy Accents to give it definition. The 3 saved flowers brought the writing and image together.

The larger tag underneath was painted with the Pink Multi Surface Paint, the heart image stamped using Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, and the edges finished with the same Worn Lipstick.
I coloured the flowers using a pale pink watercolour pen.

I stuck the two tags together using That’s Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue. A bit of grosgrain ribbon for the bow, and some more ribbon and fancy wool for the tie finished the project off nicely.

Products Used:
That’s Crafty! Pearl Inks - Pearl, Lilac, Leaf Green, Deep Pink, Red, Yellow
Ranger Distress Inks - Chipped Sapphire, Worn Lipstick

I hope you like my first project, I’ll be back next week - same time, same place, it’d be lovely if you’d come back to see me.

Shellie

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Welcome t the team Shellie and your debut is so pretty, the layered tags look gorgeous with such lovely detail and the heart pops so well on the background too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely tag Shellie and a big welcome to the team
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is lovely , Shellie. Welcome aboard . Looking forward to creating along side you x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook