'Nature's most healing balm'...... by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone 

Welcome to my Thursday Weekly post of creativity.
I have another card to share with you today to show you an alternative way of using one of the stamps from the same That's Crafty! Flower Collection stamp set I used last week. I have used it alongside a couple more stamps, inks and paints and I really hope you like the card I have created. 


I began by stamping the Carabelle Studio Les Basiks #3 stamp to the right of a panel of mixed media paper. I chose to use mixed media paper as I knew for the next step I would be using water and I find its properties are more tolerant of 'wet' than regular cardstock. 


With my stamped 'moon' in place I then masked it off using a circle of card and added colour to the unmasked area to create my sky. I used the 'wrinkle free distress technique' working with Distress Oxides. 
The basic steps for this technique are: Swipe/press the ink pad/s onto a heat resistant craft mat, spritz the ink with water so it creates droplets, press/ smoosh the substrate into the ink droplets and dry with a heat gun. Repeat the steps, gradually building up layers and variations of colour and interest until you are happy. 


Taking a piece of copier paper I die cut a circle to create an aperture the same size as the 'moon'.


This then served as a stencil to enable me to apply a touch of colour to the 'moon' only to create a moonlight glow. 
Now for the flower - I stamped one of the flowers from the Flower Collection set 3 a couple of times onto cardstock and coloured with various paints before cutting both away from their surrounding detail. I adhered one flat to the background


whilst the other I cut away the stem and used only the flower. I manipulated the petals and adhered to the flower already 'in situ' to add volume and dimension.


I used some of the off cut pieces of card with the surrounding detail on to ground the flower and as accents around the background to balance and bring the whole design together.


The finishing touches were a few splatters of red paint and a few words selected from a much longer quote taken from one of PaperArtsy stamp sets designed by Alison Bomber. 


Products Used:

Mixed Media Paper
White Cardstock
Tsukineko Versafine Ink: Onyx Black
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint: Ruby
Tim Holtz Distress Paints: Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed.
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks: Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Mustard Seed
That's Crafty! All Purpose Adhesive
Posca Ultra White Fineliner Pen
That's Crafty! Stamp Set: 'Flower Collection Set 3' designed by Melina Dahl
Carabelle Studio Stamp Set: ''Les Basiks #3' deigned by Ana Bondu
PaperArtsy Eclectica: EAB02
Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circle die
Tim Holtz Mini Snips
Tim Holtz Distress Spray Bottle
Tim Holtz Distress Splatter Brush
Ranger Heat Gun
Heat Resistant Craft Mat
Tim Holtz Stamping Platform - an alternative can be found here
Paper Trimmer/ Guillotine

I hope you have enjoyed your time here with me today and that maybe I have offered some creative inspiration.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by - I really appreciate your visits and kind words you leave.
Wishing you all a great week ahead and hope you can make it back next week ... same time, same place. 
Take Care
Amanda
x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. You made that gorgeous flower come to life Amanda, I love your beautiful card! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very striking card Amanda. The background looks fabulous and just love how the gorgeous poppy pops against it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, this is so striking, absolutely stunning!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Amanda the flower looks fabulous on that background
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Fliss, Anne, Amanda and Lynne for taking the time to stop by and leave me such lovely kind words . Both are very much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook