Daisy A Panel by Lynne Moncrieff

11:00

Hello


Springtime is in the air, so I thought I would share this panel featuring a stencilled daisy from the beautiful That's Crafty! Daisies Stencil, a stencil which has the choice of 3 designs.

Supplies

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set Lynne's Wildflowers Set 1 - A5
That's Crafty! Surfaces MDF Rounds (4" size)
That's Crafty! Surfaces MDF Panel 6" Pack of 3
That's Crafty! Lustre Spray Aubergine
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Spray Blackberry, Walnut
That's Crafty! Surfaces Mixed Media Paper/Card Kit (Rice Paper)
That's Crafty! Texture Paste
That's Crafty! 6.5"x7.5" Stencil - Daisies TC7031
That's Crafty! Walnut Ink Crystals 
Memento Ink Tuxedo Black
Archival Designer Series Potting Soil
PaperArtsy Eclectica EEA02
Distress Crayosn: Black Soot, Vintage Photo
Gesso
Gel Medium
Handmade Paper Scraps
Mister Bottle (water)

Instructions

Onto an approx 5"x5" panel (watercolour paper) I lightly sprayed with Blackberry Flat Matte Spray before applying Walnut which I allowed to drip downwards, coaxed by a misting of water. To this, adding the beautiful Lustre Aubergine.

Once dry, I tore into three panels, adhering to MDF panel which I had swiped with Gesso, knowing there would be a margin of the MDF showing.


Next, attention focused on the MDF Round.  I don't have any steps for this but what I did was tear into fragments, rice paper from the Surfaces Mixed Media Paper/Card Kit, which I had eco dyed. By applying Gel Medium to the MDF, I simply began layering the fragments of the rice paper. This was then left to dry thoroughly.

A daisy from the beautiful Daisies stencil, was stencilled with Texture Paste. Once the paste was dry, with a fine soft paintbrush, I applied walnut ink (from dissolved Walnut Ink Crystals) I also added touches of Distress Crayon.

Onto scraps of paper, firstly I partially inked up the "Secrets in the secret garden) sentiment from Lynne's Wildflowers Set 1 and then one of the mark making stamps from PaperArtsy EEA02.  They were layered to the Round with Blackberry and Lustre Aubergine stained handmade paper scrap. As I adhered the prepared Round to the MDF panel, I trapped another piece of stained handmade paper to the upper corner.


Sadly, I was unable to capture the beautiful Lustre from the Aubergine spray, in the photos.


Until next time,
Wishes
Lynne

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Oh this is stunning dear friend, and I can see the beautiful lustre for my inner eye, so very lovely a panel, and I love that spray and that tone . It is so poetic Lynne- so gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful textures as always Lynne and love how the daisy pops against the neutral shaded background.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Gorgeous, Lynne. Wonderful design, tones and textures and as I often say about your creativity so beautifully organic . x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly lovely, Lynne - those daisies look as though they're a "must-have" stencil!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtakingly beautiful Lynne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook