........ and I’m all yours in buttons and bows. By Shellie Blow

12:08

🎼East is east and west is west
And the wrong one I have chose
Let's go where I'll keep on wearin'
Those frills and flowers and buttons and bows
Rings and things and buttons and bows
  

Oooooooh, I love a good film song, and this is one of the greats. It’s also the inspiration for this bright and breezy tag note book.


The first thing I did was to make the buttons. Using That’s Crafty! Textures stamp set 3, I stamped 8 large and 7 small buttons onto white cardstock. I coloured them using Flat Matte Sprays as inks, then applied Glossy Accents and set aside to dry.


For the front cover I started by using That’s Crafty! Light Texture Paste through the Honeycomb Circles stencil on a greyboard #10 tag. Once dried, I gave it a coat of white gesso and 2 coats of Teal Multi Surface Paint. I also painted the edges on the other side of this tag, and 1cm of both sides of another tag. I then dry brushed some white gesso over the top of the texture paste, replaced the stencil, and added a touch of Peacock Feathers Distress ink to emphasis the pattern.


While this was thoroughly drying I made my custom paper by stamping the large and small buttons randomly onto plain white cardstock. A quick spritz with flat matte sprays in rose and aqua followed by a generous spraying of plain water, left to dry naturally, gave a lovely soft focus background. Once fully dried I painted the buttons with the Flat Matte Sprays, again using them as an ink. I drew the stitches on using a white Sakura pen.



I used this for the back cover, and the insides of both covers.

Now that my individual buttons were fully dry I was able to carefully cut them out and make the holes. I used embroidery thread for the small buttons, and 3mm ribbon for the bows on the large buttons. They were then secured in place using a gel glue.

The final job was to make the pages, which I did using coloured copy paper, stamped with the ribbon stamp from “textures 3”, and joined it all together with 2 hinged rings.




Thank you for popping in to have a look at my note book, maybe you’ll have a go at making one. Who knows, you may even sing the song to yourself too!

Products I used:
Ranger Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick
Colall Gel Glue
3mm Ribbon
Embroidery Thread and Needle
2 x Hinged Rings
Copier Paper

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. A really lovely idea for a notebook Shellie. Love the textures and stamping on the covers and the colourful pages look gorgeous with the ribbon stamping.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful bright and breezy tag notebook , Shellie . Your buttons look so realistic - you had me fooled until I read your post . x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook