What if your Fears ..... by Amanda Southern

00:00


Hi Everyone

I hope that you have all had a lovely New Year and are looking forward to a crafty 2016. I am not one for making resolutions but I have set myself a bit of a challenge for this year and that challenge is to use more of the crafty stash that I seem to have acquired in a bid to convince myself that I don’t really need much more new stuff. I envisage that challenging myself will end the same way that making resolutions does….. Failure!!
 
 
 




I’m starting my personal challenge today as everything I have used in the project, other than the tag, I have had in my stash for a while.

 
 

Here’s What I Did:-


I know I did a tag last week but these MDF tags produced by That’s Crafty! themselves are a fabulous surface to work on. This is the largest of the MDF tags available at 10.5 cm x 21cm.

I first brayered on a light covering of gesso onto the tag and left that to dry. I then went to my collection of Distress paints and chose the colours that I wanted to work with. I chose Distress paints as I love the special way they react with water. I unscrewed the tops and dribbled the paints down the surface of the tag moving the paint around by rolling the tag around. I then dribbled water through the paint and just kept moving the liquid paint around until I was happy with the effect. Doing this gives a fabulous marbled effect to the paint.
 
 
 

You can see the marbled effect the paint creates on this close up.
  
 
When the paint has totally dried, I left it overnight, it leaves a beautiful smooth matt surface to stamp on. I chose my stamps and stamped them on with black Archival ink. I then coloured the images using Distress markers as they are also from the Distress range they colour beautifully over the paints. Highlights were added with a white gel pen. The sentiment I added is one complete stamp so to stamp it in 2 parts I just placed some masking tape over the words I didn’t want, inked up the stamp with black Archival, removed the tape and stamped. This I then repeated to get the other part of the sentiment on the other side of the tag. I then reproduced some of the words by printing them out on my old Dymo tape gun.
 

 

What I Used:-

 

Distress Paints - Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage, Tattered Rose, Wild Honey
Water
Distress Markers – Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Ripe Persimmon
Carabelle Studio Stamps :- Jardin des Delices (main image)
                                         Zinouk du Sous Bois
                                         Ville d’ailleurs: Lutinia
Dymo Tape Gun
 
I hope you like it and I’ll see you next Tuesday
 
Love
 
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love that gorgeous bacground Amanda. The perfect setting for those lovely stamped images and love those eye catching pops of white.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag Amanda! I love that background with its gorgeous colours!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh fantastic and by the way you'll never keep that resolution ha ha
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning tag Amanda, love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I had a similar resolution, and then the CHA sneak peeks started appearing - sigh!

    Love this tag... the painty background is just gorgeous, and I love how you've added the actual Dymo tape - very cool.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous - love that background Amanda and the colors are fabulous. What a interesting sentiment... I don't have an answer! Need to think on that one!!! Really really neat creation. Happy New Year. j.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook