Freedom by Alison Hall

00:00


Hello crafters! Here's another little project, using one of That's Crafty's fab Tag Surfaces, and a fun technique for adding white images onto coloured backgrounds which doesn't involve fiddly cutting out.






Here's what I used...


Dylusions Acrylic Paint - Vibrant Turquoise, Fresh Lime, Crushed Grape
Stencil Brush, Paintbrush, White Ribbon


Here's what I did...


1. I started by priming the tag with some white gesso, then I used my fingers to blend the Dylusions paints over this. I partially stamped the Prima Fence with white gesso in a few places.





2. I used white gesso to stamp various circles from the Finnabair stamp set down the side of the tag, then painted the insides of the circles white.






3. I re-stamped the circles over the top, using the black Archival ink. 

4. The phrase was stamped on white card, cut out, sponged with black ink, then glued to the tag. I added some Glossy Accents over the top.

5. I finished off by stencilling in white gesso with just the trunk part of the Bubble Tree, stamping some of the Messy Writing in black, and tying a piece of white ribbon to the top of the tag.





Happy Crafting, 

Alison x

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. What a great tag, I love this, great colours and great cicles , thanks for the tutorial!!!

    Have a nice day!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun Alison. Love those colors!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors and the circles make your tag sing Alison!
    Looks great.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the colours and techniques on this tag, Alison. Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cool, great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag,love the combination of colours,really makes it stand out
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this tag and that clever technique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Playing catch up Alison and love your tag. Couldn't believe we'd had the same sort of idea at exactly the same time either!
    Looks really fab here.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful - a favourite of mine.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook