Live, Love, Laugh by Alison Hall

00:00


Hello Crafter's! It seems we've gone a bit romantic here at That's Crafty this week, lots of hearts! Lol! The idea for my tag was that to Live, Love, and Laugh was a good way to start as I mean to carry on in 2016.
 
 
 
 


Here's what I used...  


That's Crafty! Surfaces - MDF Hearts - 2 x 3.5, 2.4 x 4.92
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Hearts, Live Love Laugh
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Chalk Paint - Blue Oyster, Space Cadet, Spanish Mulberry
DecoArt Mediums - Crackle Paste, Crackle Glaze, Matte Medium
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape & Crinkle Ribbon
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays - Sweet Violet Purple Teal, Tibetan Poppy Teal

 

Here's what I did... 


1. I started by blending the Fresco paints on the tag and hearts, building up layers, and using my finger. Once the paint was dry, I used the scratching tool to distress the tag. 

2. I added a few pieces of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape. I then used a palette knife and DecoArt Crackle Paste to add some hearts with the That's Crafty! Hearts Dinky stencil. Once the crackle paste had dried, I added some more stencilled hearts using Matte Medium this time.  

3. I stamped the Finnabair Messy Writing randomly on the tag, then dried the ink with a heat gun. Then I used the Space Cadet Fresco to stencil the words 'Live' and 'Love' from the Live Love Laugh Dinky Stencil on the tag. 

4. Next I added some extra colour with the Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays. I gave them a good shake, unscrewed the tops and dabbed on ink with the plastic straw, then spritzed with water, allowing the colours to drip around the stencilled hearts and down the tag. I also tapped the plastic straws to add some splatters of ink over the tag. 

5. On the smaller MDF heart, I added some Tibetan Poppy Teal Starburst Spray, then stencilled the word 'Love' and the hearts from the Live Love Laugh Dinky Stencil. I used my finger to apply DecoArt Crackle Glaze, then left this to dry naturally.

6. I added the Chic Aubergine Gilding Wax to the edges of the hearts and tag, and also on all the crackle. 

7. Using Matte Medium, I glued the hearts to the tag. I gave the Dylusions White Linen Spray a good shake, unscrewed the lid, the tapped the plastic straw to add some white splatters. 

8. I finished my tag off with some Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon, coloured with the Starburst Sprays.

Here's a close-up of the crackled hearts...
 
 
 
 

Until next week... 

Alison x

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Love your tag, Alison - great colours, fab texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Even more gorgeous than your sneaky peek Alison! Fabulous colour and love the texture and grunginess.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully grungy hearts, fab!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh gorgeous and when you can make hearts look as good as this carry on making more!
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Alison. I am going to admit... I have gotten rather "tired" of the Live Love Laugh sentiment BUT.... the way you have changed it so the words are all going different directs - you gave it new life!!! Lovely tag! You uncovered a tiny bit of my Valentine readiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blended colours and lovely crackled hearts in the background - a really romantic tag.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Wonderful colours and texture xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely tag in every detail.
    I really like the colors and crackle effects.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just delightful, Alison!!! Love the awesome layering and textures, not to mention the fabulous colors here! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook