If I Had Wings by Lynne Moncrieff

00:00


Happy New Year To One and All! 

I’m not one for New Year resolutions but I do like to consider the year ahead, that clean slate when it seems that anything could be possible. Some of my “goals” might never be achieved but I believe in the power of intention and throwing a pipe dream or two into mix, well it never does any harm!

This ornament is about unlocking anything which binds or holds us back, including our own thoughts and how possibilities could be endless if we had wings to soar.

The main feature is one of the fabulous new releases from That’s Crafty! MDF heart, you’ll see many of these over time because I immediately fell in love with them!







Supplies


That’s Crafty! Surfaces – MDF Heart and White/Greyboard
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Crackle Glaze and French Roast, Blue Oyster, Antarctic and Toffee
Idea-ology Ball Chain and Long Fasteners
Extra:- Cork key (substitute with Idea-ology Locket Keys or die-cut) and old rolling pin or clay tools


Instructions


Wings


Roll paperclay to required thickness then stamp each wing into the clay. No need to ink up the stamps. Gently remove the stamps then with a craft knife/scissors, remove excess clay. Leave to dry on a flat surface. 






Once dry, dab a mix of French Rose and Vintage Photo onto the wings. I chose to not paint the indentations for contrast.

Heart


After applying Gesso, apply French Roast then following instructions, apply Crackle Glaze followed with Blue Oyster. 

Once dry, create holes then adhere wings. I used Gel Medium but I’ve found silicone glue to be good for such projects. 

Onto a piece of white/greyboard I applied Antarctic and Toffee which I then stamped the sentiment onto. This was cut into word tiles, dabbing paint onto the edges before adhering to the heart. 





Final touches, a cork key attached to bottom of heart and ball chain threaded through top to form a hanging.







This can be displayed as a reminder that potential is within each of us.

Wishes


Lynne

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. So beautiful - I need this to hang in my craft room! Thank you for sharing with us ~ Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I was looking earlier at those wing stamps - and the little bird image - now I know that I need them! This is just so beautiful! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful textured heart Lynne . I love the idea behind it too. We all need goals and dreams

    Tfs and best wishes

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous crackle texture Lynne and I really love that colour combination and the way you made the beautiful wings.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I too love the shape of this heart and your crackle made it perfectly beautiful! ")

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous and full of texture - love how you made the wings! Thank you for telling us! a xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lynne, so very lovely, the heart is truly wonderful, it has a beautiful shape, and the crackle is -wow- your beautifully created wings ,you know I love. This January ornament just says so much, and I will try to keep your words in mind, and let myself "fly" a little more than normal, this year !!
    Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely crackle! Your winged heart is fabulous Lynne! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful piece Lynne a fabulous in flight crackled heart.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunner in the most beautiful vintage style too
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant crackle on this beautifully shaped heart. It certainly gave my heart wings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely crackled heart - the duck egg blue of the Blue Oyster is charming (never seen a blue oyster, so maybe it's blue oyster coloured rather than duck egg!). The gilded wings are fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely heart with wings ornament you created Lynne!
    Your creativity always soars.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook