Flowers by Debs Wainwright

00:00


Hello everyone, I love drawing and painting, and especially flowers. So today I'm sharing a journal page of some flowers.






This is what I did


I had used my page as a bit of a mop up of acrylic paint. I like the colours so added some more to compliment it. I included some stencils too. This was all dried completely with a heat tool. I then drew a rough sketch of my composition.






Part of this layout was influenced by Tracy Scott who I was fortunate to meet in December, on a workshop.

I started laying in my colours using Gelatos which I then blended with white translucent acrylic paint. I loved how the paint merged with the Gelatos so well, giving me a visually textured effect.





I used several shades of each colour to build the depth until I was happy with how they looked. Using water soluble pencils I added more depth to the rims of the petals and with a black water soluble pencil I outlined the flowers.






Next I started to work on my words using the same pencil and once completed, I  activated the pencil with clean water.






To finish I outlined it all in black and then added some white spots, these are my thing at the moment and will probably be cropping up more in my art.






What I used


Graphite Pencils
Faber Castell Water Soluable Pencils


I had lots of fun with this, just letting the ideas grow as I went along. See you next week

Hugs Debs 

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Great page Debs, I can see the Tracy influence, having been on the same workshop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page Debs, definitely warmed up after taking in your colours and sentiment.

    You are so lucky to have attended a workshop with Tracy, can see you enjoyed the day.

    Love
    Mo:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous page Debs and a great technique too. Love those colourful flowers you've painted and they look wonderful.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such depth from your shading Debs... what beautiful flowers and lovely creation. Hope you do more of these!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work - the flowers look awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are beautiful and there is the loveliest flow to this piece.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous floral page Debs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers look just lovely against the beautiful background. Definitely inspired to play with the Gelatos now!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook